Monday, August 1, 2011

2 Years Old!

Happy birthday to my sweet baby girl! Your personality lights up any room you are in and you amaze me every day with the things you know/say/do. You are my heart and my world! I am so glad God chose me to be your mommy & even more glad He decided to let me stay and watch you grow up. I love you more than words could ever describe!
 I can't believe my baby is turning two years old! How did that happen? I swear she was just born, then I blinked and now we are walking, talking, and having our own opinions.Slow down, kid, slow down!
So, what is the Nacho like at 2 years old? Well, she makes me laugh on a daily basis. She loves her dogs Molly and Heidi to pieces. She also loves to boss them around. She likes to mimic the things she sees mommy and daddy doing (or saying.) My favorite is when she puts on my sunglasses, grabs the keys, and says "bye" then tries to open the door. Too cute! She can sing her ABCs, can count to at least 10, sometimes even 15. She knows her colors and her basic shapes. She knows several opposites (up/down, hot/cold, happy/sad, open/closed, off/on, and maybe a few others.) I have lost count of her vocabulary, she is just talking up a storm. I really love watching her play, because she has started doing imaginative play; she pretends to feed her doll, or read it a story and rock it to sleep. She also loves music and singing the songs she has learned at school sich as Itsy Bitsy Spider (although to her it is the Icky Icky Spider), Baby Bumblebee, Wheels on the Bus, 6 Little Ducks, and Twinkle Twinkle.
The Nacho loves Yo Gabba Gabba (which is why we are having a Gabba themed birthday party), Cookie Monster, Elmo, and Dora. She also loves playing outside in her playhouse, its just too hot to do so right now, and swimming or playing in the sprinkler. Her favorite foods are all kinds of berries, cheese, ice cream, popsicles (or, as she calls them, poposicles), bananas,  and carbs. 

We were in gymnastics class from February until May, and she was doing so well. We stopped going though, because the gymnastics place was by my school, and since it's summer break, the drive out just didn't make much sense. We are now enrolled in dance classes and start next week. I am so excited and will probably cry at the first lesson. I have always dreamed about the day I would be taking my daughter to dance classes. No worries, I am sure I will have plenty of pictures to share!
Speaking of pictures, here are some of my favorites from the last 2 years.
 Birth:
 Just born

 Before all hell broke loose.

After. (Look how drugged up and out of it I am.)


 Love this one!

 This picture took my breath away the first time I saw it, and it still does today. Look at those lips! Swoon!!

 The Nacho and her Papa. She had him wrapped from second 1!


Going home.

Year One:



(I don't know why this picture is sideways, and I don't know how to fix it.)















These last 3 pictures are courtesy of my friend Carol at His and Hers Creative. She was awesome, and I would highly recommend her services to anyone. I have her info if you want it.

Well, that's picture overload! I will do a second post with pictures from her second year on it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment