Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thriftiness

So my fabulously awesome and quite fashionable friend Amber introduced me to thrift store shopping and I have to admit, I am addicted! K have 2 places - a Thrift City and one specific Goodwill that I really like and have had great luck at.

After the Nacho was born, I stopped shopping for myself; I just didn't enjoy it anymore. I would much rather spend my money on my kid. But, I still need clothes for work, since my body shape (and size) changed after pregnancy. And since I can't wear my pink polka dot A&M pajama pants and baggy t-shirt every day, I must do some shopping for myself. Up until recently, I would be in and out of the store in seconds, buying just one or two of the cheapest things I could find before racing across the street to Kid to Kid where I would spend hours loading up on kids clothes. It's a sickness I tell ya!

Well, all that has changed thanks to Amber. I have gotten quite the wardrobe now, and all for less than $100! I am so excited. Today I hit up the GW and got 4 jackets, 3 dresses, 2 skirts, 2 shirts, and one big, floppy, stuffed dog for my reading corner for $50. And almost everything was name brand. A few things were brand new with tags still on. I am thrilled! A few weeks ago we went to TC and had just as good of luck. Now I need to go through my closet and start seeing what all I have, start putting outfits together, and then seeing what I still need so I can make one more trip before school starts. As soon as I get a chance I will take some pictures of some of my favorite finds and post them. I love sharing a bargain!

I did realize though, that I have lots of skirts and dresses, so I need to stock up on tattoo covering bandaids.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment