Friday, October 22, 2010

Aunt Flo

Ever since the Nacho was born and I had my hysterectomy I never felt like I had a group I fit with. I am no longer fertile because I don't have my babymaking parts. So I don't fit with that group. But am I considered infertile? I still have my ovaries and I still ovulate (and thanks to all my reading, research, and classes I know when I ovulate each month) I just have nowhere to grow the baby. So I don't feel like I fit that group either. I guess I am my own special being!

When I had my hysterectomy my doctor too my uterus but left my cervix. Which means I still get to have an annual pap smear, oh joy! I think that should have been my consolation prize; you can't ever be pregnant again, but no more pap smear either, congrats! But I digress. So I had a dream last night where, since I still had my cervix, my uterus regenerated itself. In my dream I went to the bathroom and found I was having my period. So of course I woke up and had to run and check, and of course, nothing.

On the infertility site I belong to, many of the women on there spend each month hoping and praying to NOT see Aunt Flo, because that means it is another month that they are not pregnant. I am just the opposite. I hope and pray each month that I DO see Aunt Flo. I know that it will never happen, unless I miraculously regenerate my uterus, but I still hold my breath.Yes, it is nice to not ever have to buy another tampon or panty liner, but right now I would go out and buy stock in Tampax if it meant I could get pregnant again.

No comments:

Post a Comment