Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Our Miracle

I can't believe my nephew is one year old! I was thinking back on the day of his birth, and all the fear we had during that time. And now, here we are celebrating his first year of life. We witnessed a miracle the day he was born, and I am so honored to be part of his life. There are times when I look at him and this fear washes over me when I realize how close we came to losing him. I try not to think about it, but sometimes it just hits me. So whenever I see him (which is not nearly enough, *cough, cough*) I just want to hold him, and squeeze him, and kiss him, and tell him how much I love him. I love that kid as much as I love my own!

For his birthday, I turned many of the pictures I had of him, and turned it into a slide show for my sister. I have always said I was going to do that for the Nacho each year, but never have. But this past year with my nephew was too important to pass up.

Untitled from Janelle Opon on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment